Welcome to the website devoted to owners and enthusiasts of the Privateer 26, designed by the renowned naval architect Thomas Gillmer and built in the early 1970's by Kenner Boat Company in Arkansas. The Privateer can be found from inland waterways to the shores of the Bahamas. The classic lines and ornate features make the Privateer uniquely recognizable.
The intent of this site is to:
- search for and document the whereabouts of the Privateer 26 within a boat registry
- provide general information on the designer and builder of the Privateer 26
- furnish sail plans and specifications relative to outfitting the Privateer 26
- offer a discussion board for owners to help in restoring and exchanging ideas, or simply providing sea stories of interest
- provide classified ads for conveying to interested parties a Privateer 26 for sale or wanted
- present a photo gallery for displaying images from Privateer boat owners
Thanks for visiting!
|Thomas Gillmer, the legendary designer of our treasured Privateers, passed away December 16, 2009 in Annapolis, Maryland. The retired U.S. Naval Academy professor and author was 98. Read this special report honoring Mr. Gillmer by Mike Thoele.
Thomas Gillmer, N.A.